The restaurant industry is more competitive than ever.
In an attempt to win over discriminating and cash-strapped customers this year, restaurant chains went all out with some cool innovations.
We chose a few of our game-changing favorites from the past 12 months.
- McDonald's "build your own burger" technology
- McDonald's mozzarella sticks
- Taco Bell breakfast
- Taco Bell quesarito
- Taco Bell's "CrunchWrap Sliders" stuffed with Fritos
- Burger King's Chicken Fries
- Burger King Japan's "Black Burger"
- Burger King's Whoppers at breakfast
- Chipotle's tofu
- Dunkin' Donuts version of the "cronut"
- Starbucks delivery
- Starbucks' premium cafe with better coffee.