Each year at the National Restaurant Association Show, the FABI Awards recognize the industry’s most unique, delicious, and on-trend products that are driving sales and pleasing guests. The award recipients proudly display signs in their booths throughout the Show floor, showcasing the accomplishment and inviting attendees to sample their products.
This year is no exception. But in 2018, the 36 FABI Awards recipients have a new opportunity to share their wares. A day-long tasting event will bring together the award-worthy products, giving Showgoers a chance to try them in one place.
In the Foodamental Studio on Monday, May 21, in three two-hour settings, groups of FABI Award-winning companies will provide what is essentially a taste of the menu and flavor trends driving the industry today.
For example, winner Atalanta Corporation’s Caffè Vergnano Compostable Èspresso Capsules provide a green solution, with recyclable packaging that fits a Nespresso machine. Beyond SausageTM by Beyond Meat® offers traditional sausage flavors and textures in a meatless product suitable for consumers seeking a plant-forward diet. Tapping the gluten-free trend are Smart Flour Foods’ Gluten Free Hoagie Rolls. Mama La's Kitchen’s Beef & Chicken Pho Concentrates epitomize the ever-growing global influence on American menus—as well as operators’ need to reduce labor costs.
The 36 FABI Awards recipient products were selected for their taste, creativity, profit potential, and industry impact by a panel of food experts: Timothy J. Dietzler, director of dining services, Villanova University; Lori Estrada, senior vice president of R&D, Wendy’s; Christopher Koetke, CEC, CCE, HAAC, vice president, The School of Culinary Arts, Kendall College ; John Li, senior vice president and chief R&D officer, Bloomin’ Brands; Robin Rosenberg, vice president chef de cuisine, Levy Restaurants; Lee Ann Shaw, global procurement director, hot beverages and snacks, Aramark; and Bret Thorn, senior food & beverage editor, Nation’s Restaurant News andsenior food editor, Restaurant Hospitality.
Look for FABI Awardees throughout the Show and at the Foodamental Studio (Booth #2389) on Monday starting at 10:00 a.m.
Session 1: Monday, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Atalanta Corporation: Caffè Vergnano Compostable Èspresso Capsules
- Atalanta Corporation: MENU Dorati
- Atalanta Corporation: MENU Shakshuka
- Bridor: Simply Baguette
- Brooklyn Delhi: Roasted Garlic Achaar
- Brooklyn Delhi: Tomato Achaar
- Earnest Eats: PRO: Protein + Probiotic Oatmeal
- Seascape Foods: Fresh Vegetable Falafel
- Venice Bakery: Gluten-Free Low Carb Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- Venice Bakery: Plant Based Gluten Free Crusts (Broccoli Cheddar and Seasoned Cauliflower)
- Wagshal’s Imports: Minioliva™
Session 2: Monday, 12:30 - 2:30 p.m.
- Beyond Meat®: Beyond Sausage™
- SomPriya Fine Spirits, LLC: SomruS Original
- Sud’n’Sol: Pepper Spread
- Sud’n’Sol: Tomato Spread
- The Eli’s Cheesecake Company: Florentine Honey Almond Bar
- PepsiCo Foodservice: Naked Bars
- Weston Foods Foodservice: ACE Bakery® Mini Schiacciatas
- Wild Flour Bakery: Gourmet Gluten-Free Cookie Dough
- Mama La's Kitchen: Beef & Chicken Pho Concentrates
- Kronos Foods Corp.: KronoBROIL® Gyros Slices
- Sabatino Tartufi: Truffle Soy Sauce
- La Colombe®: Draft Latte™
Session 3: Monday, 3:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- Love Beets: Beet Salsa
- BCGA Concept Corporation: Brooklyn Crafted™ Mini
- Grecian Delight Foods: Falafel Fritters
- Gator Pears: Guacamole Mild 100/1.27 Oz. Portion Packs
- Grecian Delight Foods: Garlic Sauce
- Nona Lim: Shitake Beef Bone Broth
- Natalie’s Juice: Matcha Lemonade
- Smart Flour Foods: Gluten Free Hoagie Roll
- Sweet Street: Manifesto® Gluten-Free Brownie, Individually Wrapped
- Pete's Living Greens: Salicornia or "Sea Beans"
- Belvoir Fruit Farms: Organic Elderflower and Rose Lemonade
- Impossible Foods: Impossible™ Burger
This post is sponsored by The National Restaurant Association®