Professional trainers will tell you that to achieve consistent results, you must take a consistent approach.
Back office technology is a profit-driving force for many of today’s successful restaurant brands. Whether your company has 10 units or 10,000, your back office solution’s e-learning courseware should play a central role in how you approach and maintain BOH employee skill development.
Why is e-learning so important to BOH operations?
- A quality e-learning program can ensure that critical BOH operations functions, such as inventory management tasks or labor forecasting, are learned and then performed the same way across every restaurant location.
- It makes for much faster, more effective implementation rollouts.
- A company can train all of its restaurant staff to perform a given transaction set in less than 10 minutes.
- There’s no travel required, no dependency on a live instructor and the lessons are available on-demand at any time on any device.
- BOH skill proficiency becomes an efficient, consistent and measureable process.
BOH e-learning systems will have three integral parts:
Self-paced, interactive online lessons emphasize the major functional areas of a back office system. Lessons don’t require a live instructor and are available on demand to all users.
Learning management system (LMS)
The LMS is the framework that enables your central administrators to organize all course content. It is also the portal where your team members (store managers, area managers, etc.) register to access the online lessons and track their progress.
Central management console
This extension of the LMS provides your central administration team with visibility to the progress your operators are making in completing the curriculum that you have created for them. It provides a seamless platform for you to monitor the BOH certification processes that you have put in place.
- Since we launched our MainCourse™ e-learning program for the CrunchTime Back Office Solution back in January 2015, it has helped speed up complicated rollouts and make our customers more time-efficient, and it has ensured that end users are better at managing their restaurants. Here are a few highlights:
- Over 1,800 courses completed per week
- Over 100,000 courses completed since January 2015
- Over 10,000 hours of training completed
- 50 courses ranging from food costing to labor optimization to KPI reporting
- 0 miles traveled
If you would like to learn more about how back office solution technologies can help your restaurants, reach out to CrunchTime here.
This post is sponsored by CrunchTime! Information Systems