May is National Burger Month and many restaurants are celebrating with promotions of the all-American favorite. In addition to grilling up specials, Hard Rock Cafe conducted a survey of their fans around the globe to get a handle on international burger-eating habits.
- 73% of people surveyed eat at least one and up to five burgers per month
- 22% of fans cited cheese as the top topping choice. Cheddar was the favorite for more than 55% of respondents
- 60% of eaters named the french fry as the perfect burger mate
- 89% of respondents wouldn't think of enjoying a burger without the bun
- 30% of burger aficionados prefer their patty cooked medium-well with a slightly pink center
- And Hard Rock couldn't resist asking a musical question. The answer—26% of fans chose Bon Jovi as the perfect grill master to cook burgers at a summer concert tailgate—beating out competitors like Justin Timberlake and Beyonce