The panel of restaurant-industry pros that judged this year’s Clean Plate Awards eats for a living. They scout places as diverse as food trucks, airport kiosks, taco joints and four-star restaurants. Our 12 judges work in different segments and have unique palates, but their favorite meals share similar threads. More vegetable preps were among the winning dishes than in years past. Raw seafood, roasted duck and one-pot meals also emerged on top. Here are our tastemakers’ picks for the dishes that made them clean their plates.
- Jimmy John's asked to pull sprouts because of salmonella fears
- Panera to the FDA: Define 'egg'
- Burger King takes another dig at McDonald’s
- Breakfasts from around the world
- 3 classic salads to put back on the menu