The diners’ perspective can help gauge if a trend is worthy or just a passing fad. Restaurant Business joined some 170 foodservice operators for the annual Taste the Trends tour of Chicago's hot new restaurants, hosted by Basic American Foods. The sampling ranged from Peruvian ceviche to Moroccan flat breads.
- Taco Bell to sell chips—at the supermarket
- 3 new ethnic food trends making menu waves
- Chicken is surging, so long as it’s boneless
- 4 innovative takes on breakfast classics
- 3 steps to crafting a great chicken sandwich