Spicy Black Bean Burger with Lemon-Herb Mayonaise
2 tsp Cumin, seeds
31 oz Black beans, drained, partially mashed
1 cup Breadcrumbs, plain, toasted whole wheat
0.5 cup Bell pepper, red, chopped
0.5 cup Onions, chopped
2 tbsp Garlic, chopped
1 tbsp Salt
2 tsp Ground black pepper
2 pc Eggs
4 tbsp Olive oil
6 x Hamburger buns, large, whole wheat
6 slices tomato, sliced
8 oz Hellmann's or BestFoods Real Mayonnaise
1 tbsp Lemon Zest
1 tbsp Lemon juice, fresh
2 tsp Tarragon, chopped
2 tsp Chives, chopped
- In small bowl, combine eggs, bacon, ham, red bell pepper and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare Lemon-Herb Mayonnaise: In small bowl, combine Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise, lemon zest, fresh lemon juice, tarragon, and chives; reserve.
- Place cumin seeds in small sauté pan. Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently until toasted and fragrant, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat; cool slightly. Place seeds in pestle or small bowl; crush roughly.
- In medium bowl, combine beans, bread crumbs, red bell pepper, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin and eggs until thoroughly mixed. Chill at least 1 hour.
- Shape mixture into 5 oz patties.
- Coat sauté pan lightly with olive oil and heat over medium heat. Fry patties until lightly browned, about 4 minutes; turn and fry 3 more minutes.
- Spread cut sides of 1 bun evenly with 2 tbsp Lemon-Herb Mayonnaise. Place veggie burger on bottom of bun; top with tomato slice. Replace top of bun; repeat to make 6 burgers. Serve immediately.