“Cost-saving, fast, multi-functional, flexible, efficient – these are all adjectives we look for when choosing new equipment and they describe each of this year’s Kitchen Innovations Award recipients,” said Lorna Donatone, convention chair for NRA Show 2009 and president, School Services, Sodexo Inc. “We are committed at NRA Show 2009 to identifying and showcasing the most innovative products crucial to business success right now that help operators increase productivity and control costs. Past KI award recipients have received widespread recognition in the restaurant and hospitality industry and this year’s recipients are sure to do the same.”
The 2009 Kitchen Innovations Award recipients are:
• Advanced Composite Materials-Silar Microwave Flatstone. Speed-bakes fresh-dough pizzas in microwave-convection ovens in less than three minutes.
• Arctic Industries - Desmon USA. “Knock-down” refrigerators for assembly and installation in tough-to-access areas.
• Eneron Inc. - Turbo Pot. Advanced fins-design base that reduces gas range cook time and energy use by 50 percent.
• Everpure – MRS-Envi-RO 600. Reverse osmosis system averages 78 percent water conversion efficiency and features 600 gallons/day capacity.
• Frymaster, Manitowoc Foodservice - Gas Protector®. 30-pound fry pot delivers the production capacity of 50-pound fryers and auto oil replenishment.
• Garland, Manitowoc Foodservice - Garland Restaurant Range. Xpress Clam Shell Grills can be pre-programmed with up to 30 easily adjustable platens-gap settings.
• Halton – M.A.R.V.E.L. Demand Control System: Integrates multiple hoods on a common duct that individually adjust exhaust and replacement air.
• Henny Penny Corp. - Evolution Elite™. SmartFilter Express™ enables operators to conduct as-needed oil filtering in four minutes.
• Hobart- Hobart's Bluetooth® -enabled Combi® Oven with Barcode Scanner. Automatically controls the cooking program and features wireless exchange of recipes.
• Irinox USA - CP Multi Function Holding Cabinet: Combined temperature and humidity control for fresh or frozen foods.
• Kairak - BLU Technology Prep Table. Circulates glycol coolant through maximum contact chiller plates, requiring no defrosting.
• Lincoln Foodservice Products, Manitowoc Foodservice - Quest EMS™ Energy Management System. Reduces air flow, combined with fastBake finger profiling technology, to maintain uniform heating and recovery to full performance within 45 seconds.
• Market Forge Industries Inc. - 3500 Power Plus. Boiler-based convection steamer with optional jacketed kettle uses 80 percent less water and 30 percent less energy.
• Power Soak Systems, Inc. - High Powered Silverware Pre-Washing System. Unique push/pull technology allows only one-pass washing.
• Rational USA – Self Cooking Center with CareControl. Automatic de-liming eliminates filters, labor and down time.
• Somat Company - eCorect Waste Decomposer. Automated on-site reduction of compostable food waste by 90 percent.
• Viking Range Corp., Commercial Division - Modular Range Design. Provides flexibility to change individual modules before and after installation.
• Winston Industries – CVap Universal Holding Bin Cabinet. Allows operators to serve directly from the cabinet with optimum conditions.