|Day Part||Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Snack|
|Menu Part||Appetizer/Small Plate|
Source: Almond Board of California
Granola bars make a handy on-the-go snack or breakfast. Almonds, raisins and oats pack this recipe with good nutrition; toasted fennel seed and black pepper add a sophisticated, savory note.
12 oz. almond flour
16 oz. low-moisture raisins
1 tsp. xanthan gum
4 oz. clover honey
4 oz. raw almond butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla bean paste
1 tsp. black peppercorns, toasted and ground
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
10 oz. natural, whole almonds, toasted
6 oz. thick-rolled oats, toasted
2 tsp. fennel seed, toasted and ground
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Combine almond flour, raisins and xanthan gum in food processor; puree until paste is formed.
- Add honey, almond butter, vanilla bean paste, black peppercorns and salt; puree until well blended.
- In stainless-steel bowl, combine toasted almonds, oats and fennel seed. Add almond flour paste to oat mixture; knead until well incorporated and evenly distributed.
- Transfer mixture to a quarter sheet tray lined with parchment; bake 14 min.
- Cool bars slightly and place in refrigerator with another quarter sheet tray, with a weight, placed over top to set the bars.
- Once set and cooled, remove from refrigerator and cut into 20 bars Store at room temperature in an airtight container for 5 days.