Chunks of caramel, sliced banana, and coarse sea salt are wrapped in a Mission Mazina™ Tortilla and fried to a flaky, golden brown and dusted with cinnamon sugar. Served with a scoop of cinnamon ice cream and a dollop of whipped cream.
12 each 6" Pressed Mazina™ Tortilla
36 each Fresh Banana Slices
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
Course Sea Salt to taste
24 each Caramel, quartered
Egg Wash as needed
1 cup Cinnamon Sugar, see related recipe
12 (4 oz.) scoops Cinnamon Ice Cream
12 oz. vol. Whipped Cream
Caramel Sauce, (prepared) as needed
Mint Sprig as needed
1 cup Sugar
1.5 Tbsp. Cinnamon
- Steam tortillas until warm and flexible. Reserve warm.
- To Make Individual Serving: Place 3 banana slices, 1 teaspoon brown sugar, 1 pinch sea salt and 8 quarter pieces of caramel on one half warm tortilla. Brush outside edges of tortilla with egg wash, fold in half to close and use fork to crimp edges closed. Fry in 350°F deep fryer for 1½ minutes or until golden and flaky. Remove from fryer, drain and toss in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Cut empanada in half with serrated knife and plate with one scoop cinnamon ice cream, 1 tablespoon dollop of whipped cream, and drizzle with caramel sauce.
- Garnish with mint and serve immediately.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in small mixing bowl and stir until combined.