|Ingredients||Vegetables, Bread, Meat, Grains|
|Day Part||Dinner, Lunch|
Spinach topped with UNCLE BEN’S® Sun-Dried Tomato Pilaf, tomatoes, bacon, and pan-seared seasoned shrimp. Served with bacon vinaigrette and focaccia bread.
1 box UNCLE BEN’S® Sun-Dried Tomato Pilaf with Whole Grains
1¾ qt. Water, boiling
2 oz. Butter
1 lb. Bacon, raw, cut crosswise into 1" pieces
3 lb. Shrimp, large, peeled, deveined
3½ tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Black pepper
½ cup Shallots, minced
½ cup Cider vinegar
2 tbsp. Brown sugar
2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
½ cup Olive oil
24 oz. Baby spinach, fresh
1½ cups Tomato, chopped
As needed Sea-salted focaccia bread, warm
- Combine rice, seasoning packet, boiling water, and butter in deep half-size hotel pan. Stir well.
- Cover and bake in preheated 450°F conventional oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until most of water is absorbed.
- Heat large sauté pan over medium-high heat; add bacon and stir until fat is rendered and bacon is crisp.
- Remove bacon and drain on paper towels.
- Season shrimp with 1½ tsp. salt and ½ tsp. black pepper. Add shrimp and shallots to sauté pan in batches, cooking until just cooked through.
- Remove shrimp to plate; cover to keep warm.
- Add vinegar, brown sugar, mustard, 2 tsp. salt, ½ tsp. black pepper, and olive oil to sauté pan. Stir well.
- Pour mixture into blender and pulse until well emulsified. Hold warm.
- To plate, portion 2 oz. spinach in shallow bowl, top with 1 cup warm rice, 3 oz. shrimp, 2 tbsp. bacon, 2 tbsp. tomato, and 1½ tbsp. warm bacon vinaigrette.