|Ingredients||Nuts, Chocolate, Fruits|
|Day Part||Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Snack|
|Menu Part||Appetizer/Small Plate|
Source: Almond Board of California
These homemade granola bars are chock-full of good-for-you ingredients like rolled oats, flax seed, almonds and dried cherries. Wrap in plastic and position them as a portable snack for customers to buy on the run. Or market them as a healthier but sophisticated coffee break option.
8.5 g whole, natural roasted almonds
6 oz. thick rolled oats, toasted
8 g fennel seed, toasted and ground
8 g chia seed, toasted and ground
35 g flax seed, toasted
4 oz. dried cherries
7 oz. brown rice syrup
1.5 g kosher salt
4 oz. roasted almond butter
3.5 oz. dark chocolate, melted and tempered
5 g fleur de sel flakes
- In med. bowl, combine almonds, oats, fennel seed, chia seed, flax seed and dried cherries; reserve.
- In med. heavy-bottomed saucepan over med.-high heat, bring brown rice syrup to a boil. Brush sides of pan with water to prevent crystallization of syrup. Cook syrup to 235° to 240°F.
- Once proper temperature has been reached, add almond butter. Stir over low heat until melted.
- Stir in reserved almond mixture until the syrup has coated the dry mixture.
- Turn mixture out onto a parchment-lined quarter sheet tray that has been brushed with oil. Evenly spread with your hands, which have been gloved and dipped in water to prevent sticking. Cool immediately.
- When mixture is completely cool, cut into 1¼- by 4 ¼-in. bars. Dip bottoms of bars in melted chocolate.
- Transfer bars to a parchment-lined half sheet tray that has been lightly sprinkled with fleur de sel. Cool in refrigerator. Store in an airtight container under refrigeration until ready to use.