Source: National Honey Board
When the craving hits, sometimes only a slightly indulgent snack will do. Chef Guas’s blueberry muffins take care of that craving with an unbeatable sweet-salty-tart impression on the taste buds. They’ll disappear fast when customers come in with a case of those mid-morning or mid-afternoon munchies.
Salted Honey Crumble
1/2 cup light brown sugar
10 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
4 tbsp. clover honey
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3 tbsp. mild honey
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
2 cups fresh blueberries
- Prepare Salted Honey Crumble: In electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, combine brown sugar, butter, clover honey and vanilla; beat on med.-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 min.
- Add flour and salt. Mix on low speed just until mixture comes together and develops a sandy texture. Refrigerate in an airtight container for at least 30 min.
- Prepare Blueberry Muffins: Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter 12 muffin cups and dust with flour. In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream together sugar, butter, honey and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, and mix well; stir in milk. Add flour mixture and mix just until combined. With rubber spatula, gently fold in blueberries.
- Scoop mixture into prepared muffin cups, filling about three-fourths full. Sprinkle each top with 1 tbsp. of salted honey crumble. Bake on center rack of oven until golden, about 30 to 35 min.