This recipe for braised short ribs using Knorr® Demi-Glace is a great way to add flavor and profitability to your menu. Serve with mashed red potatoes to complete the dish.
5 lb Beef Oxtail, cut
0.5 cup Oil
1 tbsp SEASONING SALT
32 oz mirepoix (carrot, celery, onion)
2 cup Red wine
2 qt Knorr Demi-Glace Sauce Mix 4 x 28 OZ, prepared
2 Thyme sprigs
3 Bay leaf
- Trim fat from oxtails. Season cut oxtail with seasoning salt.
- Heat oil in braiser, brown oxtail on all sides, remove from pan.
- Add mire poix, and brown vegetables, cook for two minutes.
- Deglaze with red wine, add prepared demi-glace, bring to a simmer, add herbs and oxtails.
- Cover with parchment paper, place in 350 degree oven for about 2 hours or until tender with a fork.
- Remove from sauce, chill enough to handle, remove meat from bone and reserve.
- Skim off exces fat from sauce, adjusting seasoning, consistency and strain.
- Add enough sauce to coat meat.