Chef Mark Hibbs
Ratcliffe on the Green
Pork belly slowly braised using Knorr® Beef Base and Knorr® Demi-Glace. Pair with polenta to create a succulent menu item your guests will love.
2 lb Pork tenderloin, cleaned, tied
4 lb Pork, remove skin
2 tbsp SEASONING SALT
3 oz Oil
1 lb mirepoix (carrot, celery, onion)
0.5 cup Tomato paste
0.5 cup Balsamic Vinegar
2 Bay leaf, whole
1 Thyme sprig
1 qt Knorr Select Beef base, prepared
1 qt Knorr Demi-Glace Sauce Mix 4 x 28 OZ, prepared
1 cup Raisins, soaked in boiling water
- Cut pork belly in 3 " squares, season with seasoning salt.
- Heat oil in braising pan, brown pork belly on both sides, remove from pan, and pour off excess fat.
- Return pan to the stove, add mirepoix and brown vegetables. Add tomato paste, cook paste for a few minutes.
- Deglaze with wine and vinegar. Add prepared beef base and demi-glaze, bring to a simmer.
- Place pork belly in sauce, simmer. Place in 350 degree oven, cover with parchment, cover and braise until tender 1 1/2 hours.
- When tender, remove from sauce, strain, adjust seasoning and consistency. Drain raisins and add to sauce.
- Season with seasoning salt.
- Heat oil in pan on high, sear pork giving a good golden color. Remove from heat, finish off in the oven. Should have an internal temperature of 140 degrees.
- Place pork belly on plate, coat with 2 ounces of sauce, place two sliced of pork tenderloin on top, and serve with Bacon and Sausage Polenta and Sauteed Spinach.