This recipe for braised short ribs using Knorr® Demi-Glace is a great way to add flavor and profitability to your menu. Serve with mashed red potatoes to complete the dish.
5 lb Short ribs
Salt and Pepper, as needed
Oil, as needed
8 oz Onions, large dice
4 oz Carrots, large dice
4 oz Celery, large dice
1 cup Red wine
1 Sachet – garlic, bay, peppercorns, thyme
2 qts Knorr Demi-Glace Sauce Mix 4 x 28 OZ, prepared
Crispy fried onions, for garnish
- Season ribs with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in braising pan.
- Sear ribs in hot oil to a deep brown color – remove and reserve.
- In same oil, caramelize onions, carrots, and celery.
- Deglaze with red wine and reduce dry.
- Add ribs back to pan. Add KNORR® Demi-Glace Sauce to cover ribs, ¾ of the way up.
- Add sachet and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and place into a 325°F oven. Braise for 1½ hours or until fork tender.
- Strain sauce and reserve.
- Place ribs on plate. Cover with sauce and garnish with fried onions. Serve with your favorite sides.