Buffalo is a terrific alternative to beef. A full-bodied cream sauce surrounds the strips of buffalo in this stroganoff, and it is all served over noodles.
6 tbsp. butter
2 leeks, white part only, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 1⁄2 cups cremini mushrooms, quartered
2 1⁄2 lb. buffalo sirloin steak, cut into 2 1⁄4-in. strips
1 1⁄2 tbsp. flour
1⁄2 cup sour cream
3 tbsp. tomato paste
1 1⁄2 cups beef stock, heated
1 1⁄2 lb. fresh rosemary pappardelle
- Melt 2 tbsp. butter and sauté leeks until tender. Add garlic and mushrooms and sauté until done. Set aside.
- Add 2 tbsp. butter and flour and whisk until smooth.
- Add beef stock and tomato paste and continue to whisk. Stir in sour cream. Set aside.
- Melt remaining butter and quickly sauté buffalo.
- Combine all ingredients and spoon sauce over noodles.