|Ingredients||Seafood, Meat, Vegetables|
|Menu Part||Appetizer/Small Plate|
Nuances of smoke and char, rich caramelization, fresh herbal accents, pickled ingredients and touches of heat subtly intensify without overpowering.
1 1/2 cups red wine vinegar
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 small red onions, sliced thin
6 ripe mangos (9 count)
6 tbsp. olive oil, divided
12 slices Serrano ham or Prosciutto
48 large fresh Louisiana shrimp, peeled and deveined
12 garlic cloves, peeled
Pinch chili flakes
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Extra virgin olive oil
- Pickle onions: Combine vinegar and sugar in bowl; submerge onion slices in mixture. Add generous pinch of salt; soak 30 min.
- Peel mangos and cut the cheeks away from the seed. Heat 3 tbsp. olive oil in nonstick skillet. Season mango cheeks with salt and pepper. Add to heated pan and caramelize on each side. Remove and let cool.
- Place ham slices on non-stick sheet pan; bake in a 350 F oven 10 min. or until crisp.
- Per order: Season 4 shrimp with salt and pepper; sauté in hot skillet with 1 tsp. olive oil and 1 peeled garlic clove. Add pinch of chili flakes; sauté 3 to 4 min. until shrimp are opaque.
- To assemble: Dice mango from one cheek and scatter on serving plate. Add pickled red onion randomly. Break up crisp ham into large pieces and add to plate. Add shrimp; drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with coarse salt.