|Day Part||Dinner, Lunch|
|Menu Part||Appetizer/Small Plate|
Turn to Sunkist® fresh lemons for the bright flavor, versatility and cost-effective source to add zing to any dish. The lemon juice and zest bring freshness to each bite in this Ceviche Olé.
1 lb. fresh halibut, sea bass, or red snapper filets
½ Sunkist® fresh lemon, grated peel
¾ cup freshly squeezed Sunkist® lemon juice
1 large tomato, diced and drained
1 medium onion, chopped
2 Tbsp. chopped canned or fresh green chiles *
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 Tbsp. bottled taco sauce or a few drops hot sauce, to taste
1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
½ tsp. salt
* Reduce amount if using hot varieties such as Serrano or Jalapeño chiles.
- With a sharp knife, cut fish on the diagonal into paper-thin slices. In a glass bowl, combine the fish, lemon peel, and lemon juice; cover.
- Marinate in refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight, until fish is opaque and has a "cooked" look; stir occasionally. (Or marinate in a tightly sealed plastic bag, turning occasionally.)
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and chill for 30 minutes to blend flavors.
- To Serve: As an appetizer in cocktail glasses, garnish each as desired with lettuce, avocado slices, lemon slices or cartwheel twists, cilantro or parsley.