Who can resist the creamy taste and texture of cheesecake? This decadent recipe pairs this classic favorite with the rich flavors of cherry and chocolate. The result is the perfect triumvirate of tastes.
Cooking spray, as needed
1 1/4 qt. (24 oz.) packaged brownie mix
12 large eggs, divided
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups mini semisweet chocolate pieces
4 1/2 lb. cream cheese, at room temperature
3 cups granulated sugar
1 3/4 qt. (63 oz.) LUCKY LEAF® Cherry Pie Filling, divided
Whipped topping, if desired
Preheat oven to 350°F conventional or 300°F convection.
- Coat three parchment-lined 9”springform pans with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together brownie mix, 3 eggs and oil until combined. Mix in chocolate pieces. Pour batter evenly into prepared pans and smooth tops. Bake cakes 12-14 minutes, or until brownie is just set; they will not be completely done at this point.
- While baking, in a mixer equipped with a paddle, beat cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until well combined and smooth. Add in the eggs on low speed until incorporated and set the mixture aside.
- Gently spoon 1-cup pie filling into center of each brownie cake, leaving a 2” brownie border along the sides of pan. Divide cream cheese mixture evenly onto surface of each cake with pie filling and gently spread to the edges of each pan.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until center is set, but jiggles when the pan is lightly tapped. Remove from heat and cool cakes in pans on wire racks for 1 hour or to room temperature. Cover and chill at least 4 hours before serving.
- To Serve: Top each cheesecake equally with remaining cherry pie filling. Slice each cake into 8 slices. Garnish each piece with a dollop of whipped topping, if desired.