|Ingredients||Eggs, Pasta, Poultry, Vegetables|
|Day Part||Dinner, Lunch|
Soul-satisfying and delicious, chicken soup is a favorite. The chicken meatballs in this version make this bowl of soup distinctive.
8 cups chicken broth
3 carrots, peeled and chopped
2 leeks, cleaned and sliced
2 tbsp. chopped fresh dill
Salt and pepper
1 lb. ground chicken
1⁄2 cup fresh bread crumbs
2 egg yolks beaten with 2 tbsp. water
3 tbsp. minced parsley
1⁄4-1⁄2 tsp. ground sage
1 tbsp. oil
4 oz. curly egg noodles, cooked
- In a soup pot, combine broth, carrots, leeks, dill, and salt and pepper to taste; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15 min.
- Combine chicken, bread crumbs, yolk mixture, parsley, sage, and salt and pepper to taste. Form into 1-in. balls.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet. Add meatballs and brown on all sides for 3 min.
- Add meatballs to soup; partially cover and simmer 10 min., or until meatballs are cooked through and carrots and leeks are tender.
- For service, stir cooked noodles into hot soup.