Source: Recipe from Chef Ralph Conte
Beautiful to look at, these roulade are tasty too. Thinly pounded chicken breasts are wrapped around a flavorful stuffing, cut on the bias when cooked and presented on a bed of Gorgonzola polenta.
6 10-oz. chicken breasts, skin on
1 tbsp. butter
1 tsp. garlic, chopped
1 tsp. shallots
1 lb. portobello mushrooms, chopped
Salt and pepper, as needed
2 oz. Marsala wine
1⁄4 cup bread crumbs, toasted
1 cup fontina cheese, shredded
12 sage leaves
Soft Gorgonzola polenta, if desired
Sage leaves, for garnish
Roasted Garlic-Sage sauce, if desired
4 roasted walnuts
1. With a mallet, pound chicken to 1⁄8-in. thickness. In a medium sauté pan, melt butter, add garlic and shallots, and brown slightly.
2. Add mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and cook until soft, about 7-9 min.
3. Add wine and cook for 2 min. Place in bowl and let cool.
4. In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs and cheese and mix thoroughly. Place chicken skin side down and season with salt and pepper.
5. Place 2 sage leaves on chicken breast, then place 3 oz. stuffing on sage leaves. Roll tightly and place the chicken breasts, with seam side down, on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake 12-15 min.
6. To serve, cut roulade in half on the bias. Mount halves on a bed of Gorgonzola polenta. Nap Roasted Garlic-Sage sauce around perimeter of the polenta. Garnish with roasted walnuts.