Stewed chicken in a broth of saffron, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, ginger and ground red pepper with chunks of pepper, red onion and preserved lemon is portioned in a dish and topped with a Mission® Par-Baked Grill Ready™ tortilla, brushed with Moroccan seasoning.
12 each 6.5" Grill-Ready™ Par-Baked Flour Tortilla
1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
1 cup All-Purpose Flour
4 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
4 tsp. Ground Ginger
2 tsp. Ground Tumeric
2 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
5 tsp. Kosher Salt
6 lbs. Chicken thighs, boneless , skinless
4 each Red Onion, medium , 1/4" strips
20 each Garlic Clove , minced
2 quarts Chicken Broth
1/4 cup Harissa Paste
1/2 cup Honey
1/2 cup Chopped Fresh Cilantro
1/2 cup Chopped Fresh Parsley
5 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
Egg Wash, as needed
Smoked Paprika, as needed
- Preheat convection oven to 325°F.
- Heat oil in a large rondeau over medium heat.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, ginger, turmeric, black pepper, and salt. Dredge chicken thighs in flour mixture and place in rondeau; reserve flour mixture. Once chicken is cooked on one side, flip, and add onion and garlic. Continue to sauté until chicken is cooked through; remove chicken and set aside to chop.
- Continue to brown and soften onions and garlic, another 5-8 minutes, then add remaining flour mixture, cook 1-2 minutes. Add broth, harissa, honey, cilantro and parsley.
- Add chopped chicken back into tagine base along with lemon juice.
- Portion warm tagine filling evenly among 12 individual baking dishes, top with par baked tortilla, brush with egg wash, cut slits in top for steam to escape, and bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until top is golden. Sprinkle with smoked paprika and serve warm.