Chili Lime Crab Cakes with Chipotle Avocado Mayonnaise
These crab cakes are bursting with bold flavor. Chili and lime add heat and zest. The golden and tender cakes are served with a chili-flavored mayonnaise.
1 lb. crab meat
10 Saltine crackers, crushed
1 large egg
2 tbsp. ranch dressing
2 tsp. Oriental chili garlic paste
2 tsp. lime juice
1 tbsp. cilantro
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium avocado, roughly mashed
1/2 tsp. chipotle chili powder
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup mayonnaise
- In a large mixing bowl, gently combine crab meat, crackers, egg, ranch dressing, garlic paste, lime juice, and cilantro.
- Form into 4-6 crab cakes.
- Saute in olive oil until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with dollops of avocado mayonnaise.
- Combine mayonnaise, chili powder, avocado, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl and blend well. Chill.