Sure to turn the heads of every culinary adventurer. Adding crumbles of hickory-smoked Farmland bacon to a salty sweet combination of indulgent treats creates an explosion of mouth pleasing flavor. A unique dessert creation your guests will tell their friends about.
1 1/2 lb. Farmland® GM Double Smoked Bacon
1 cup chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups crushed pretzels
1 1/2 lb. milk chocolate
1 1/4 lb. dark chocolate
2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Cook bacon until crisp; drain. Chop 6 slices cooked bacon and combine with toasted nuts. Chop remaining bacon; set aside.
- Grease baking sheet. In large heavy saucepan, combine brown sugar, corn syrup, water and butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Heat to 280°F. on candy thermometer.
- Stir combined macadamia nuts and bacon, and vanilla into saucepan. Continue heating until temperature reaches 300°F. Stir in baking soda; immediately pour onto greased baking sheet. Let cool. Break into very small pieces.
- Line 13x9x2-inch baking pan with plastic wrap. Melt milk chocolate in double boiler. Stir broken brittle and crushed pretzels into melted chocolate; spread evenly in baking pan; chill.
- Melt dark chocolate in double boiler. Remove from heat and let stand until reaches room temperature. Add whipping cream; beat until thickened. Stir in reserved chopped bacon. Spread over top of nut mixture. Cover and refrigerate until set. Cut into serving pieces with warm knife.