Take our rich clam base, load it up with creamed corn, fresh chopped clams and diced redskin potatoes – and voilà! It’s home-style chowder!
4 cups Yellow Corn, Sweet, Fresh or Frozen
2 cups Celery, Fresh, Small Diced
2 cups Onion, Yellow, Fresh, Small Diced
1/4 cup All Natural Canola Oil
1 cup All Natural Unbleached All Purpose Flour
1 Tbsp Thyme, Ground, Dry
3 cups Creamed Corn, Yellow, Sweet
1 gal Water
1/4 Cup and 2 Tbsps Custom Culinary® Master’s Touch® All Natural Reduced Sodium Clam Base
4 cups Chopped Clams, Canned, All Natural, Drained Solids
4 cups Redskin Potatoes, 1/4" Diced, Fresh or Frozen, Cooked
1 qt Organic Half and Half
1/4 tsp White Pepper, Ground
1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1/4 cups Parsley, Flat Leaf, Coarsely Chopped
- Place corn on a greased sheet pan and roast in a hot oven until it begins to brown, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- In a large pot, sweat onion and celery in canola oil until vegetables are soft. Add flour and stir to make a roux. Add thyme and cream-style corn.
- Add water and Custom Culinary® Master's Touch® All Natural Clam Base and bring to a boil.
- Add chopped clams, pre-cooked potatoes and roasted corn. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cream, simmer 10 more minutes. Season with white pepper, cayenne pepper, and parsley.
- Hold above 140°F for service or chill and hold below 40°F.