|Ingredients||Poultry, Vegetables, Nuts, Bread, Dairy|
|Day Part||Dinner, Lunch|
The following turkey salad recipe ideas demonstrate the versatility of turkey.
2 1⁄2 lb. Turkey Breast, cooked and diced into 3⁄4 -in. cubes
1 1⁄2 cups red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 1⁄2 lb. red seedless grapes
1 lb. walnuts, chopped
1 lb. celery, diced fine
1 lb. cream cheese, softened
16 slices date nut bread
1 1⁄2 lb. mixed greens, washed, dried, and well chilled
- Toss turkey in red wine vinegar, salt, and pepper. Drain off excess liquid. Set aside.
- Fold mayonnaise and cream together, making a creamy dressing.
- Mix turkey with grapes, walnuts, celery, and creamy dressing. Cover and chill for service.
- Spread cream cheese on 8 slices of bread, top with remaining 8 slices. Cut each sandwich in 3 equal sections.
- To plate for service, place mixed greens in a shallow pasta bowl, arranging turkey salad in center. Garnish with sandwich wedges.