Duck Confit on Crispy Rice Cakes
|Ingredients||Poultry, Vegetables, Rice, Fruits, Grains|
|Day Part||Lunch, Dinner|
Rice cakes cooked to golden crispness and topped with warm duck confit are a dazzling appetizer. Warm cherry sauce is the perfect garnish.
6 cups risotto, chilled
1 cup wild rice, cooked
1⁄2 cup sage leaves, chopped
Dry sherry, to taste
3⁄4 cup dried cherries
Olive oil, to taste
1 large red onion, finely chopped
1 cup cherry preserves
Salt and pepper, to taste
3 cups duck confit, shredded
- Mix together the risotto, wild rice, and sage. On a lightly floured surface, flatten the mixture into 1-in. high thickness and cut out 16 circles with a 3-in. round biscuit cutter.
- In a small pan, heat sherry and add dried cherries. Set aside.
- Sauté risotto cakes in olive oil over medium high heat, about 10 min. or until warmed through.
- Over medium high heat, sauté onions until slightly charred. Add cherry preserves, sherry, and cherries. Season with salt and pepper.
- Plate 2 cakes per serving, and top with warm confit and cherry mixture