A uniquely tempting side of roasted eggplant, garlic, scallions, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and zesty Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper Blend. Served with toasted wheat pita wedges or colorful vegetable chips.
6 cups Eggplant, roasted & chopped (8 whole, medium size, approx 8 lb)
24 cloves - Garlic (medium size), roasted & chopped
1/2 cup - Scallion, chopped (approx 1 bunch)
1/4 cup - Balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup - Extra virgin olive oil
3 Tbsp - Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper Blend
- Wash eggplant and pierce with fork or knife all over, before baking, to aide in cooking and to prevent bursting while baking.
- Place whole peeled garlic on aluminum foil square and lightly spray with pan release. Fold foil into a pocket and seal edges to completely cover garlic.
- Place eggplant and foil garlic pouch on the same sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350F for approx 45 minutes to 1 hour. Properly roasted eggplant will collapse and have a creamy soft flesh inside.
- Remove eggplant and garlic from oven and cool slightly. Place eggplant on cutting board, slice in center (long way) and scoop out creamy insides with a metal spoon. Discard outer skin. Finely chop with a knife until smooth consistency. Place into large mixing bowl.
- Finely chop roasted garlic and place into same large mixing bowl.
- Add scallions, vinegar, olive oil and Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend and to bowl. Mix to combined.
- For Service: Use #20 scoop (or 1/4 cup) and serve with toasted pita bread or vegetable chips.