Fresh California Apricot Cobbler
A traditional summer cobbler is one way to savor luscious apricots. Easy to prepare, this cobbler makes a delicious dessert or afternoon snack. Some even like it for breakfast.
6 cups fresh apricot halves (about 2 lbs.)
3⁄4 cup sugar
2 tbsp. flour
1⁄2 tsp. cinnamon
3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
1-11⁄2 tsp. baking powder
1⁄4 tsp. salt
1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, cold
1⁄4 cup milk
1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 425ºF. Toss apricots with next 3 ingredients; arrange evenly in ungreased 11x7-in. glass baking dish.
2. Combine 3⁄4 cup flour, baking powder, and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
3. Stir in milk until mixture pulls away from sides of bowl and forms clumps. Gently stir in walnuts; drop 8 spoonfuls of dough on top of apricots.
4. Bake until dough is golden brown and filling bubbles, about 30 min.
5. Serve warm or at room temperature.