Ginger-soy-marinated beef skewers sprinkled with fresh chopped scallions and black sesame seeds. Served with creamy sesame dressing.
24 boneless beef steaks (7 oz. each), sliced into long thin strips
1 tbsp. coarse grind Mediterranean sea salt
1 tbsp. shaker grind black pepper
3/4 cup vegetable oil
11/2 cups soy sauce
2 tbsp. McCormick Culinary ground ginger
11/2 cups sesame oil
3 cups Thai Kitchen sweet chili sauce
¾ tsp. McCormick Culinary Chinese Five-Spice
1. Prepare Ginger-Soy marinade: Combine soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil, chili sauce and five-spice powder.
2. Add beef strips to ginger-soy marinade. Marinate for at least 1 hr. or up to 4 hr.
3. Soak 48 wooden skewers in water.
4. Thread beef onto wooden skewers, forming a ribbon-like pattern. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
5. Heat vegetable oil over high heat in a sauté pan. Remove skewers from marinade and sear on both sides until cooked to desired doneness. Or grill over med.-high heat until done.