Lightly grilling hearts of romaine lettuce adds a smoky element to this ceasar salad with slices of Prosciutto di Parma and shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
4 oz. Prosciutto di Parma, sliced thin (8 slices)
2 romaine lettuce hearts, halved lengthwise
1⁄2 cup olive oil
1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
1 tsp. minced fresh garlic
1⁄2 tsp. salt
1⁄2 tsp. ground pepper
1 cup shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano
Parmesan crostini, optional
1. Cut 6 prosciutto slices into thin ribbons. Cut remaining 2 slices in half; set aside.
2. Heat a nonstick grill pan over med.-high heat.
3. Combine olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl; brush on both sides of romaine.
4. Place each romaine heart half, cut-side down, on grill pan. Grill on both sides for 1-2 min., or until slightly wilted and grill marks appear on the bottom.
5. Serve immediately, topped with prosciutto strips and Parmigiano-Reggiano
shavings. Garnish with remaining prosciutto slices, formed into rosettes, and crostini.