Slabs of pork back ribs baked with a sweet, sticky glaze of honey, pineapple and teriyaki, then served on grilled pineapple slices drizzled with extra glaze.
2 cups teriyaki glaze
1⁄2 cup honey
1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
4 1⁄2 lb. pork back ribs in slabs
Salt and pepper, to taste
12 slices fresh pineapple, cut 1⁄2-in. thick
1. In saucepan, whisk teriyaki glaze, honey, and pineapple juice over low heat 2 min. until warm.
2. Season ribs with salt and pepper. Place in shallow hotel pan; cover with foil. Bake in 400°F. oven for 1 hr. Remove foil and bake 15 min. longer.
3. Cut slabs into individual ribs. Toss with 2 1⁄2 cups glaze mixture; return to hotel pan.
4. Bake glazed ribs 5 min. longer, or until glaze turns shiny and dark. Keep warm.
5. On gas or charcoal grill, grill pineapple slices 5 min., turning once. Remove from grill; brush with remaining 1⁄2 cup glaze mixture. Keep warm.
6. Per order: Place 1 pineapple slice on plate; arrange 3 ribs on top.