Source: Recipe and photo courtesy of National Honey Board
Chicken sandwiches are a popular lunch item, but they can get monotonous. In this version, the bread and spread set the sandwich apart from the flock. Focaccia stands in for ordinary sliced bread or rolls and the honey-blue cheese butter delivers a bold burst of flavor.
1 tbsp. clover honey
1 tsp. water
4 pieces focaccia, split in half
Honey-Blue Cheese Butter
6 oz. blue cheese, at room temperature
1/3 cup clover honey
Honey Roasted Chicken
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper, to taste
4 tbsp. clover honey
1 cup arugula leaves
- Prepare Focaccia: Preheat grill. In small bowl, combine honey and water. Brush cut side of each focaccia piece with honey mixture. Place on grill to warm bread and create grill marks. Remove and set aside.
- Prepare Honey-Blue Cheese Butter: In mixing bowl, combine blue cheese and honey. Work the ingredients with a spatula until mixture is creamy; set aside.
- Prepare Honey Roasted Chicken: Preheat oven to 350 F. Season both sides of chicken breast with salt and pepper. Heat oil in sauté pan; add chicken and sear 4 min. on each side until golden brown.
- Transfer chicken to sheet pan; glaze each breast with 1 tbsp. honey. Roast in oven 13 to 15 min. or until internal temperature reaches 165 F. Slice breasts on bias into 8 pieces.
- To assemble: spread honey-blue cheese butter on toasted side of focaccia pieces. Top with sliced chicken and arugula. Cover with second piece of focaccia.