Source: Scott Gottlich, Chef, Westin, 2nd Floor Restaurant, Dallas, TX
Idaho® Purple Peruvian Potatoes bring dramatic visual appeal to these tasty potato cake sides. Double breaded for a crispy outside and a light, creamy texture inside.
4 pounds Idaho® Purple Potatoes
5 each egg yolks
4 ounces butter
1 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup herbs chopped (parsley, thyme)
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 tablespoon black pepper
1 1/2 tablespoon salt
- Boil large purple potatoes in boiling water until fork tender.
- Carefully peel the potateos while warm, discarding the skins and placing the meat of the potato in a food mill or kitchen aid with the paddle attachment.
- Warm the cream and butter and add to the potatoes and add all ingredients. Set the eggs aside.
- Completely blend all the ingredients until the potatoes are smooth and then add the egg yolks one at a time until incorporated.
- Spread the potatoes out on a cookie sheet or a one-inch sheet papn and spread smooth.
- Cover with plastic wrap to prevent from hardening and cool overnight in the refrigerator.
- Cut out desired size of potato with a cookie cutter or ring.
- Set up a breading station of AP flour, whisked eggs and coarse bread crumbs.
- Bread them by placing in flour first, brush off excess flour and completely coat with egg and then trasnfer to bread crumbs. Repeat this process for a double breading.