|Day Part||Dinner, Lunch|
|Menu Part||Appetizer/Small Plate|
Source: National Turkey Federation
Small plates are a trend that isn’t going away. These downsized portions fit into today’s snacking style—especially for the mid-afternoon and happy hour dayparts. Here, shrimp and turkey take on an Asian twist.
2 cups water
1 cup soy sauce
2 bunches lemon grass
2 tbsp. peeled, minced fresh ginger root
2 tbsp. granulated sugar
16-20 shrimp, peeled, de-veined and tails removed
1 lb. skinless raw turkey breast, sliced into 3-in. finger size strips
Toasted sesame seeds
- In saucepan, combine water, soy sauce, lemon grass, ginger and sugar. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and cool.
- For each portion, thread one shrimp on a short bamboo skewer. Wrap a turkey strip around the shrimp.
- Place the skewers in the cooled marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hr.
- Remove from marinade and discard marinade. Pan sear each skewer until cooked through.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and scallions.