Source: Beef Foodservice by National Cattlemen’s Beef Association
Grilled beef patty topped with apple slices and almonds, served on toasted rye bread with sharp cheddar and spicy spread.
Spicy Spread (recipe follows)
48 slices rye bread
24 leaves lettuce
24 extra-lean ground beef patties (IMPS/NAMP 1136), 4 oz. each
24 slices sharp cheddar cheese
1 1/8 lb. green apple slices, sautéed
1 1/8 lb red apple slices, sautéed
1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
3/4 cup hot-sweet mustard
1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- Combine mustard and horseradish in small bowl; mix thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use
Lucky Burger (for each serving, to order)
- Cook 1 beef patty to desired doneness, turning once.
- Toast 2 bread slices
- Spread 2 tbsp. spicy spread on 1 toast slice.
- Top with 1 lettuce leaf, 1 slice cheese, ¾ oz. each green and red apple slices and 2 tsp. almonds.
- Top with remaining toast slice.