Sweet, juicy mango and crushed shortbread cookies, layered with plain yogurt and topped with coconut flakes.
6 oz. plain low-fat yogurt
2 ripe Mexican mangos
1 cup heavy cream
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1⁄4 tsp. ground ginger
Crushed shortbread cookies
Toasted flaked coconut
- Drain yogurt in paper-lined sieve at least 30 min.
- Cut mango flesh criss-cross into 1⁄4-in. cubes. Pop fruit from skin; remove mango cubes and pit.
- Scoop flesh from second mango; place in blender and puree. Add sugar to taste.
- Beat cream with sugar, vanilla, and ginger until stiff. Fold in drained yogurt, mango puree, and most mango cubes.
- In dessert glasses, layer mango-yogurt mixture and crushed cookies; top with coconut and mango cubes.