Thin crispy pizza topped with pesto, fresh mozzarella and heirloom tomatoes, a classic that is simple but delicious.
1 3⁄4 cups warm water
2 1⁄2 tsp. active dry yeast
1 tsp. sugar
4 cups all purpose flour
Salt and pepper, to taste
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 cup pesto
8 oz. grated mozzarella cheese
2 heirloom tomatoes, sliced
8 oz. buffalo mozzarella, sliced
2 cups baby salad greens
3 oz. balsamic vinegar
1. Prepare crust: In bowl, combine water, yeast, and sugar; let stand until foamy.
2. Stir in flour and pinch of salt to form a soft dough; knead until smooth and no longer sticky. Brush dough with olive oil; cover and let rest in a warm place for 45 min.
3. Divide dough into 4 pieces; roll or stretch each to 1⁄16 in. thickness. Brush both sides with olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill on both sides until golden brown; place on baking sheet.
4. Prepare topping: Preheat oven to 500°F. Brush each flatbread with pesto; top with 1⁄2 cup grated mozzarella, sliced heirloom tomatoes, and sliced mozzarella; season with salt and pepper. Bake for 10-12 min.
5. Top each flatbread with 1⁄2 cup greens and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. For service, cut into pieces.