Give customers a taste of traditional Mexican cuisine with a TABASCO® twist! Serve up Mexican Carne Asada Pizza with TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce for the authentic flavor customers crave.
3 Tbsp. TABASCO® Chipotle brand Pepper Sauce
1 tsp. Cumin, ground 1 tsp. Garlic powder
1 Tbsp. Salt 1/2 tsp. Black pepper
1 Tbsp. Lime juice 1/2 tsp. White wine vinegar
1 tsp. Sugar 2 Tbsp. Canola oil
1 lb. Flank steak
12 oz. Prepared pizza dough
2 Tbsp. Cornmeal
1 cup Tomato salsa
3/4 cup Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
3/4 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 cup Black beans, canned, rinsed
1/4 cup Red onion, sliced
1/4 cup Red pepper, 1/4” strips
2 Tbsp. Jalapeño, thin sliced
2 Tbsp. Cilantro, chopped 3 ea. Lime wedges
1/2 cup Sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400°F and preheat grill or grill pan.
- Combine TABASCO® Chipotle Pepper Sauce, cumin, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, lime juice, vinegar, sugar and canola oil. Pour over flank steak and let marinate in refrigerator for at least 20 minutes, but preferably 3 hours or overnight.
- Grill or sauté steak to rare. (Tip: Use a probe thermometer and remove steak from heat when it reaches 110°F). Remove from heat and let rest for 10-15 minutes. Slice steak into thin slices. Reserve.
- On a flat work surface, flatten pizza dough into a 14" disk, leaving a 1/2" raised rim around the edge. Place on a wooden pizza peel sprinkled with cornmeal. Spread an even layer of tomato salsa on pizza dough. Next spread a layer of Pepper Jack and cheddar cheeses. Distribute black beans, red onions, red peppers and jalapeños evenly on top of cheese.
- Bake pizza for 10-12 minutes on a pizza stone or pizza screen. Remove from oven, add steak and return to oven for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven and sprinkle with chopped cilantro. Use lime wedges to squeeze fresh lime juice over pizza. Slice and top with each slice with sour cream.