Minestrone soup packs a lot of protein. Start with savory beef base and add great Northern beans, kidney beans, russet potatoes and vegetables for timeless flavor.
1/4 cup All Natural Canola Oil
2 cups Onions, Yellow, Fresh, Medium Diced
1 1/2 cups Celery, Fresh, Medium Diced
1 1/2 cups Carrots, Fresh, Medium Diced
3/4 cup Peppers, Bell, Green, Sweet, Fresh, Medium Diced
2 tsp. Garlic, Minced
3 qts Water, Hot
1 qt All Natural Whole Canned Red Tomatoes, No Salted Added
1/3 cup and 1 Tbsp Custom Culinary® Master’s Touch® All Natural Reduced Sodium Beef Base
1 1/2 cups Great Northern Beans, Canned, Undrained
1 1/2 cups Kidney Beans, Canned, Undrained
1 cup Potatoes, Russet, Medium Diced
1/3 cup All Natural Whole Wheat Macaroni, Dry
1 tsp Basil, Fresh, Leaf
1 tsp Thyme, Leaf, Fresh
1 tsp Lemon Juice
1/2 cup Water
1/4 cup and 1 1/2 Tbsps Cornstarch
- In an 8 quart pot over medium high, heat canola oil. Add onions, celery, carrots, peppers, and garlic. Sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- In a blender, puree water, tomatoes, and Master’s Touch® All Natural Reduced Sodium Beef Base 1-2 minutes. Add to vegetable mixture.
- Add Great Northern beans, kidney beans, spinach, potatoes, pasta, basil, thyme, and lemon juice. Heat to a gentle boil over medium high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and gently boil for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, blend water and cornstarch into a smooth slurry, using a wire whip.
- Gradually pour the slurry into the boiling liquid, stirring constantly. Heat to boiling over medium high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and gently boil for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.