Take a favorite Big Apple dessert to the next level. Brightened with Florida orange zest and served with fresh Florida orange slices, this surprising chocolate cheesecake re-creation is sure to please.
1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
¾ cup salted butter, melted
1 ¾ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup heavy cream, chilled
12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
¾ cup sugar
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 tablespoons Florida orange juice
2 teaspoons orange zest, chopped
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup Florida orange segments, seeded
Shaved chocolate, for garnish
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter in bowl; mix well. Press mixture into bottom of springform pan or 12-inch pie pan. Refrigerate.
- Melt chocolate in microwave-safe bowl at medium-high power level for 30 seconds at a time, stirring frequently, until melted. Cool.
- In clean mixing bowl, whip heavy cream to stiff peaks; chill.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and unsalted butter in mixing bowl; beat with mixer on medium speed until blended and smooth. Turn mixer down to low speed; mix in melted chocolate, orange juice, orange zest, vanilla extract and salt.
- Gently fold whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Pour mixture on top of prepared graham cracker crust. Refrigerate for at least 1½ hours or preferably overnight. Garnish with fresh orange segments and shaved chocolate.