Enticing and aromatic spicy orange scented pork is shredded and served with flour tortillas. Black beans, a sweet and spicy pinapple salsa and avocado accompany the pork.
2⁄3 cup orange juice
1⁄2 cup achiote paste
4 jalapeños, seeded, stemmed
4 garlic cloves
1⁄3 cup cilantro, minced
8 1⁄2 lb. country pork ribs
Flour tortillas, as needed
- In a food processor, combine orange juice, achiote paste, jalapeños, garlic and cilantro; puree until blended. Season to taste.
- Place pork ribs in large pan; spread mixture over ribs. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
- Fill pan with 1 in. of water and simmer in a 425° F. oven for 45 min. Cover with foil and return to oven for 25 min.
- Cool ribs and shred meat.
- Serve shredded pork with black beans, sauteed onions and poblano, pineapple-chipotle salsa, avocado and tortillas.