Bold Benedicts. For a Sunday brunch, serve customers Oysters Rockefeller Benedict with TABASCO® brand Original Pepper Sauce for a flavorful dish.
Oysters, shucked - 8 ea.
Plum tomatoes, cut in half, de-seeded - 8 halves
Original TABASCO® brand Pepper Sauce - 1/4 cup
Wild spinach, chopped - 6 oz.
Shallot, minced - 2 Tbsp.
Heavy cream - 1/4 cup
Pernod - 2 Tbsp.
Poached eggs - 8 ea.
Hollandaise sauce - 1/4 cup
Buttermilk - 1/4 cup
Panko breadcrumbs - 2/3 cup
Vegetable oil - 2 cups
Olive oil - 1 Tbsp.
- Place the shucked, clean oysters into the buttermilk.
- In a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and shallots. Cook for 3 minutes until clear.
- Add the chopped spinach; cook for 1 minute until fully wilted. Add the Pernod, cook for 1 minute. Add the heavy cream, cook over medium heat until cream is 80% evaporated, 3-5 minutes, then add 2Tbsp. Original TABASCO® Pepper Sauce.
- In a 4 qt. sauce pan add the 2 cups of vegetable oil and heat to 325°F.
- Remove the oysters from the buttermilk shaking off any excess liquid and lay in the panko breadcrumbs.
- When the oil is at temp, fry the osyters until the panko is golden brown, approximately 25-45 seconds.
- Lay 2 tomato halves on a plate, fill the cavity with creamed spinach, lay 1 poached egg over spinach, spoon 1Tbsp. TABASCO® hollandaise over egg, and place 1 fried oyster on top of hollandaise.