Pulled BBQ Salmon Pizza
|Ingredients||Seafood, Cheese, Vegetables|
|Day Part||Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Snack|
Source: High Liner Foods
“Stand out from the herd” with this delicious recipe from the kitchen of Chef Marco Suarez.
2 1/2 lbs Pulled BBQ Salmon, cooked as per instructions
2 1/2 cups Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce or preferred BBQ brand
10 each 11" pizza crusts
3 1/2 cups shredded smoked gouda cheese
3 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
2 each red onions, sliced
3 each green bell peppers, sliced
1/8 cup E.V.O.O.
1/2 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Take hot salmon out of package and let it cool
- enough to be able to handle it.
- Lightly flour the work surface, and lay out the 10 pizza dough crusts. Spoon about a 1/4 cup of the BBQ sauce into the center of each pizza dough. Use the back of the spoon in a rotating motion to evenly spread the sauce onto the pizza dough, leaving about 1/2” - 3/4” from the edge of the crust. Evenly spread the gouda cheese on top of the BBQ sauce. Then evenly spread the mozzarella on top of all that.
- Once the salmon is cool enough to handle, place about 1 Tbsp each, in 5 random spots on the pizza. Total weight of the salmon should be about 4 oz per pizza. Then evenly spread the sliced red onion, and the sliced bell pepper on top of it all. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Using a paint brush, lightly paint the exposed crust with the E.V.O.O. for added crispness.
- Bake the pizza in the oven for 8-12 minutes, or until desired crispness is achieved. Once pizza is cooked, cut into even wedges, and sprinkle with chopped cilantro. Serve.