A patriotic cheesecake treat, this one has a phyllo crust. As rich and decadent as cheesecake should be.
8 sheets (13x14-in.) frozen phyllo dough. thawed
1⁄4 cup butter, melted
2 packages (8 oz.) cream cheese
1⁄2 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups fresh Blueberries, divided
1⁄2 cup strawberry jelly
1 cup whipped heavy cream or nondairy whipped topping (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. For crust, grease 9-in. pie plate; set aside. On flat
surface, place 1 sheet phyllo and brush with butter (keep remaining phyllo covered to prevent drying out). Top with another phyllo sheet; brush with butter. Repeat with remaining phyllo and butter to make 8 layers.
3. Using kitchen scissors cut layers into 12-13-in. circle. Press into pie plate; fan edges.
4. Bake until edges are golden, 6-8 min.; cool on wire rack. Reduce oven to 350°F.
5. In medium bowl with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add eggs; beat until well combined. Fold in 1 cup of blueberries and pour into prepared crust. Bake until set (40-50 min). To prevent over-browning, cover edges with foil for last 25 min.
6. To serve, in a small bowl beat jelly until smooth; spread over cheese filling. Arrange remaining blueberries on top in star shape and garnish with whipped cream, if desired.