Fragrant roasted chicken legs are paired here with golden potato cakes. Greens infused with garlic and ginger round out this hearty meal.
1⁄4 cup curry powder
1⁄4 cup coriander seed
2 tbsp. cumin powder
2 tbsp. five spice powder
1 tsp. paprika
1 tbsp. sea salt
12 chicken thighs and legs (whole)
Vegetable oil, as needed
1 tbsp. flour
2 large potatoes, peeled
1 tsp. mustard seed
2 lb. mustard greens, chopped
1 tbsp. garlic, minced
1 tbsp. ginger, minced
- In a small bowl, combine curry, coriander, cumin, five spice powder, paprika and salt. Rub chicken pieces with oil and spice mixture; roast at 450° F. 30-40 min. until brown and crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl whisk egg and flour. Grate potatoes and rinse in cold water. Squeeze potatoes dry and combine with mustard seed and egg batter; season.
- In a large skillet over high heat, fry approx. 1⁄2-cup portions of potato mixture in oil until brown and crispy; drain.
- In a separate skillet, sauté mustard greens, garlic and ginger in 1 tbsp. oil 3-4 min.
- Plate chicken with ginger greens and two potato röstis.