Rustic Honey Polenta Cake
Cornmeal adds delightful flavor and texture to this yummy cake. Honey-orange syrup makes it moist and a garnish of orange segments makes it complete.
1⁄2 cup honey
3 tbsp. orange juice concentrate
1 tbsp. orange zest
1 cup yellow cornmeal
2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
8 oz. butter, melted
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 3⁄4 cups milk
3⁄4 cup honeyorange segments, for garnish
whipped cream, for garnish
- For syrup, mix ingredients until well-blended over medium heat for about 5 min.
- In a bowl, combine dry ingredients and reserve.
- In a separate bowl, mix butter with eggs, milk, and honey. Stir into dry ingredients until just blended.
- Pour into a buttered 9- x 13-in. pan and bake at 300° F. for about 30 min.
- Spoon hot syrup over cake, letting it soak in before adding more.
- Cool; cut into 12 pieces.
Garnish with whipped cream and orange segments.