|Day Part||Lunch, Snack, Dinner|
|Menu Part||Appetizer/Small Plate|
These salmon poppers are a fun appetizer. Served chilled on forks with a caviar garnish they are a gourmet delight.
8 slices (2-in. square) salmon gravlax (see recipe)
1 cup whipped crème fraîche
Zest of 1 lemon
1 tsp. chopped dill
Salt and pepper, to taste
1⁄2 oz. caviar
2 bunches dill
1 bunch parsley
1 tbsp. chopped thyme
1 tbsp. chopped chives
Juice and zest of 5 lemons
Juice and zest of 5 oranges
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1 tsp. toasted coriander seed
1 tsp. toasted fennel seed
2 lb. salt
1 lb. sugar
1 side salmon (approx. 5 lb.)
1. Place gravlax on plastic wrap. Cut plastic into squares; leave 2 in. on sides of salmon.
2. Gently mix crème fraîche, zest, dill, salt, and pepper. Dollop mixture on gravlax and carefully pick up corners and form into a ball. Chill until set.
3. Remove plastic wrap. Place poppers on prongs of forks and garnish with caviar.
1. In processor, pulse dill, parsley, thyme, chives, juices, zest, pepper, coriander, and fennel until finely chopped. Stir in salt and sugar.
2. In a perforated pan, spread half the mixture. Add salmon, skin-side down; repeat spreading.
3. Place perforated pan in solid pan, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 3 days. Remove plastic; brush off coating.