A tofu dish that is full of extraordinary flavor. Moroccan seasonings jazz up tofu slices, and vegetarians will be delighted with the results.
1 qt. sliced California Ripe Olives
1 qt. seeded and diced plum tomatoes
1⁄4 cup minced jalapeños
1 tbsp. chopped garlic
1⁄2 cup lime juice
1 cup chopped cilantro
6 lb. extra-firm tofu
2 cups soy sauce
3⁄4 cup lemon juice
3⁄4 cup molasses
1⁄4 cup sesame oil
1 1⁄2 tsp. seasoned salt
1 tbsp. each cumin, coriander, black pepper, cinnamon, turmeric
1. Combine first six ingredients in large bowl. Mix well. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper; cover and chill.
2. Press tofu with heavy weight to remove excess moisture. Slice tofu into 2-in. x 2 1⁄2-in. squares. Place in shallow pans.
3. Combine remaining ingredients in blender or food processor and blend until well-pureed. Pour mixture
over tofu; cover and marinate for at least 1 hour.
4. Heat skillet or flattop grill to medium high. Sear tofu on each side with marinade until slightly blackened.
5. Garnish each slice with 1⁄4 cup of olive mixture.